A church at Duncormick was described in 1615 as being in good repair. It was built on the site of earlier churches. A new Church of Ireland church replaced it in 1825. From the 1950’s it was known as St. Peter’s Church. When it was no longer required as a place of worship for the Church of Ireland community, it was presented to the Catholic parish. It was refurbished during the pastorate of Rev. Felix Byrne and opened as a chapel-of-ease in 1996. An altar donated by the Brigidine Sisters, Mountrath, was installed in 2002.
(Information courtesy of ‘Churches of the Diocese of Ferns’ Book)